Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dredd 3D

SF: What an improvement on the last attempt to bring Dredd to the big screen (which was a 2/10). This was not the most amazing action I've ever seen but it does do what it sets out to. The effects are well executed thought the slow motion was a little over used. Nice touch by the film makers on not removing the helmet - as Dredd never does in the comic. Not sure if they really captured Mega City One and it did make me think of The Raid more than once but that's not a bad thing. If you like lots of guns and explosions its one to see. 6.5/10

50 Eggs: I went  to see this merely to show my support for the refreshing decision to release it as an 18. Glad I did. Dredd 3D is proper cool - a gritty no holds barred action film. There's one liners, lots and lots of guns and a great performance from Karl Urban as the Judge. I almost Whooped. And without giving anything away, the ending is brilliant- it's understated, almost nonchalant, as if to say 'just another day in Mega City One'.This could be the start of something really good. 9/10

DonkeyB: n/a

Overall: 7.75/10

1 comment:

50 Eggs said...

Ba'h, I dont think its fair to bring up The Raid when Dredd was in post production before it came out. Glad you liked it though. I think we'll see more of Megacity One in the sequel/s :-)