Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pitch Perfect

SF: I'll admit it I really enjoyed this film. I wasn't keen on seeing it because I thought that Glee had covered this pretty well (at least in the first two seasons). Ten mins in I find myself starting to like it, about 30 mins in I'm ready to sing along. It is a bit cliche at points and yes chances are you can predict it. Don't watch this if you are looking for a deep and meaningful art house film. This is pure entertainment. It's well paced and keeps you laughing throughout and there is nothing bad about that. I think I like it more than Mean Girls.  Watch out for some great lines from Hana Mae Lee. Also, is it me or does Anna Kendrick have the whitest teeth on earth? 7.5/10

50 Eggs: Ok this is good. Ordinarily I wouldn't go within sniffing distance of a musical, but I very much enjoyed this.  It really is very funny and the music is great - rather than using the normal cheesy ballad style songs we get to hear modern music that will get your toe tapping whether you like it or not. I'd have given this an even higher score if it weren't for the fact that I found the lead character totally unlikable. 8/10

DonkeyB: Lots and lots and lots of fun. It's a feature length episode of Glee. Funny: really, really, really, laugh out loud funny. I was very ready for this film, I was absolutely delighted to see something frothy and entertaining and that is exactly what this is. Even the songs are fun. The most I've smiled in the cinema since The Muppets. 8/10

Overall: 7.85/10

1 comment:

ShadowFalcon said...

Oh 50 Eggs your missing a a really fun movie - SF