Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Locke

SF: This film had the distinct impression of being derived from films like Dial M for Murder  and  Phone booth however lacks the tension and drama of either. Thankfully its only 85 mins long so at least this isn't dragged out. Also I think Tom Hardy is attempting a Welsh accent but I'm not sure and that is all I can say for his performance, which is a real shame as I normally am most impressed by him. Watch on TV if you really feel you have to but in my opinion not one to rush to see. 3/10

50Eggs:

DonkeyB: The plaudits for the film are what made me go and see it. Its not good. If I was being cruel I would say; an inverted feature length Marion and Geoff without the pathos or humour, and I am, so I am. Get the Marion and Geoff box set and try to spot spot Fairwater baths, Ysgol Gyfun Plasmawr (big building yellow panels) etc in the background, much more fun and interesting. 4/10

Overall: 3.5/10

No comments: