Friday, November 4, 2011

The Three Musketeers

SF: I had fairly low expectations before seeing this, because I love the books, and most of the previous movies (yes even the 1993 version with little resemblance to the Novel). So this really didn't have to try all that hard to please me. Sadly this film was like watching Pantomime. I didn't know whether to cry or just walk out. Even worse is the crime of having brilliant actors like Mads Mikkelsen and Christoph Waltz with barely any screen time. Not to mention the awfulness of Flying ships. I honestly wish I'd walked out but I hoped and prayed it would get better. 2/10

50 Eggs: A hodge-podge of bad ideas and rip-off scenes. Three Musketeers got my back up early when it stole a scene directly from a Clint Eastward film, where Dartanian suggests that his horse is owed an apology when insulted by a ruffian. It's bare-faced cheek and I don't like it. There is some fun to be had with this but even as a Sunday afternoon easy watching film it's less than adequate. Stick with Dogtanion and the Three Muskahounds. 4/10

DonkeyB: n/a

Overall - 3/10

No comments: