Monday, November 26, 2012

Project Jen- The Good Girl

A red letter day in Project Jen; for the first time ever, two reviews in one day.

I felt so awful after seeing The Bounty Hunter I had to eat chicken soup and watch The Good Girl. I feel as your reviewer (I watch these so you don't have to), I deserve special credit because The Good Girl was only rescued from its country retreat (my parents' attic) yesterday and made the long journey from storage to DVD rack along with The Complete West Wing and The Complete Quantum Leap.

For those reader who do not know me already, I must point out I would have rather watched any episodes of either of those fine television shows than any Jennifer Aniston movie.

That being said, I did already own The Good Girl before Project Jen was even conceived.
This is definitely Jennifer Aniston's best performance, she is entirely believable.
While the film isn't laugh-out-loud-funny, it does have a dose of black humour to it. Zooey Deschanel's character who I didn't remember at all is also funny.

This is the first time I have been able to write this since I started Project Jen; if you haven't seen this I think you should see it, rent it.

Rating: 4 Green Dresses


2 comments:

50 Eggs said...

You have the complete Quantum Leap? I need to borrow the last episode off you. I have only heard rumours of how it ends. Its a bit like Dungeons and Dragons. I read that it turns out the Dungeon Master is really Vengers father, but who knows for sure? Not me.

ShadowFalcon said...

DonkeyB and I have debated this point many times - he loves the Good girl, I loath it.

50 Eggs - you know I own all of Dungeons and Dragons right?

I'm thinking we need a Sam Beckett Marathon