Thursday, May 8, 2014

Blue Ruin

SF: This film can across as a mix of No Country for Old Men and Winters Bone, however its doesn't come near either in terms of delivery. Which is a real shame, I thought it started really well, peaks your curiosity has a good pace. All the potential was there to be a a gripping and interesting film. Instead the character development is shallow, the acting is just OK and though it should be intense its just rather dull. 3/10

50Eggs: n/a

DonkeyB: I very nearly left, I didn't like it, there are some very unpleasant scenes, I'm always very uncomfortable when it feels like the violence is played for laughs. Maybe it was just the audience we saw it with and a slight Alf Garnet effect was in operation but I was not happy when I left. 2/10

Overall: 2.5/10

No comments: