Sunday, August 3, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy

SF: Marvel studios have done it again. For once this wasn't a comic I'd read before and knew very little about the characters for plot. However withing about 5 minutes I was hooked. As seems to be becoming a pattern, excellent special effects, well laid out plot, good amount of humor and overall a most enjoyable movie. This one also has a fantastic soundtrack. I'll say that there were a few hammy lines and yes, maybe Draxx wasn't the most three dimensional character, but this delivered in every way that mattered and I'll planning on seeing it again on the big screen before the month is over. 8.5/10

50Eggs: There was a point when I thought I wouldn't bother watching any more Marvel films, given how low the quality had dipped. But I was tempted into seeing this due to hearing it was 'the new Star Wars'. That may have been a bit of an exaggeration, but it is certainly very good. The best compliment I can give it though is that's is actually a very funny film, on purpose. It does a great job of being both light hearted whilst still having a decent story. 8.5/10

DonkeyB: N/A

Overall: 8.5/10

No comments: