Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

SF: I got bored of the book but I did really like the original movie so my review might be a tad biased. What's up with the odd Bond like intro? Once we are past that it seems to level off ok. The problem with remakes is you already know what's coming and its hard not to do a straightforward copy. Fortunately this does not fall in that gap. Fincher delivers the goods. Can't say I like it more that the previous incarnation but its still a pretty good film. 7.5/10

50 Eggs: I've read the book but didn't see the original film, so I can review this new version without too much prejudice. Happily I can report that it is as perfect an adaptation as I could have imagined. The story is handled extremely well, ejecting some of the more pointless elements of the text, and the cast is spot on. Rooney Mara in particular is superb. 8.5/10

DonkeyB: n/a

Overall: 8/10

No comments: