Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hugo

SF: This film was hard work. I was looking forward to a nice kids movie, something easy. Alas no, it lacked any real direction, some of character motivations made no sense and it was far too long. There would be a glimmer of hope and then boredom ensued. I like clockwork and adore old school railway station - this was all that kept me going. Also was that Johnny Depp or a look-a-like I spied in the band? 4.5/10

50 Eggs: Oh now this is just drivel. I feel conned by the so called 'critics' handing out 5 stars for this unholy turd. Okay so it looks pretty, but it was boring, I haven't a clue what it was about and nor am I  interested in finding out. 3/10

DonkeyB: Borat as the Station Master is staggaringly miscast. Is he playing a man with a war wound for laughs? Is he supposed to be scary? The little boy is creepy, the girl is F annoying. If this is the best that 3D can be then everyone should just agree it is pointless and never ever do it again. I'm pretty sure I know what it's about but I didn't really care. I love old cinema and film history so those bits were the only redeeming features although I think for most people they would have been boring. 5/10

Overall - 4.33/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donkey B: The station isn't Gare du Nord- it's Gare Montparnasse, shows how carefully Shadow Falcon was watching, they do say at the start and than a train does fall out of the front of the station as happened in real life!

SF - Oops, I thought they just added the clock tower! Well can't blame me Gare Montparnasse is all modern and shinny now. Post now edited.